From the Dyker Heights Historical Society:
This is an image of the back fields of Poly Prep seen in 1919. The Chapel, under the clock tower, wasn’t built yet (c.1922), and the “field house” on the far left had not yet been converted to the gym which is there today (c.1930). Poly Prep had horses on campus to help cut the grass.
How’s that for a “back to school” photo? Maybe it’s a bit too “back in time.”