The Brooklyn Cyclones have announced that they will raising moneyfor various Superstorm Sandy recovery efforts, through a new program dubbed “Meaningful Mondays.”
The way it works is that $3 out of every ticket sold at MCU Park (1904 Surf Avenue) on Mondays will go to several charities involved in the recovery process. This will start in July.
According to the press release, each week the “Meaningful Monday” will focus on a different neighborhood affected by the storm. Here is a schedule the press release provided of which neighborhoods will go with which week:
• Monday, July 1 –Coney Island Night to benefit ConeyRecovers.org.
• Monday, July 8 – Gerritsen Beach Night to benefit Gerritsen Cares.
• Monday, July 22 –Nassau County Night to benefit the Nassau Hurricane Recovery Fund.
• Monday, July 29 – Red Hook Night to benefit the Red Hook Initiative.
• Monday, August 19 –Staten Island Night to benefit The Stephen Siller Foundation.
• Monday, August 26 – Breezy Point / Rockway Night to benefit The Graybeards.
Cyclones General Manager Steve Cohen states in the press release, “We hope that through our Meaningful Monday efforts, we can help the countless people still struggling to recover from the storm, recognize the heroes who were leaders in their communities during their time of need, and provide a night of fun and laughter at the ballpark as we all recover from Hurricane Sandy.”