In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- The 18th Avenue Feast kicked off on Thursday and is now in full swing!
- Bensonhurst is on a rabies watch after a raccoon that tussled with feral cats tested positive for the disease.
- The 25th anniversary of Yusef Hawkins’ death passed this week, and several people involved in the incident spoke out.
- A Coney Island man and expectant father was shot dead near a playground.
- Bath Avenue has a new restaurant and hookah lounge, Lutzina.
- Cops are looking to identify a woman who passed bank tellers a note that read “Fill envelope with 100s or I will shoot.”