In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at]sheepsheadbites [dot]com.
- We got a chance to taste the food at Sooo Delicious, the Bath Avenue food court. It lived up to its name.
- More bedbugs were found on the N line, causing union officials to call for a fumigation.
- An out-of-control school bus jumped the curb and plowed into an 18th Avenue gas station construction site.
- Coney Island’s parachute jump will turn gold to raise awareness of childhood cancer.
- Pesticide used in city parks is linked to cancer, says a new report.
- A 10-year-old found a loaded gun in the sand on Coney Island.
- The NYPD launched a two-week long crackdown on bike-related offenses, including for drivers who block the bicycle lane.