BUTTERED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
* 1 pound sugar snap peas, stems and strings removed * 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped fresh mint
salt & pepper. * Ingredients available seasonally at your neighborhood Greenmarket
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the peas and a tablespoon of water and cook a few minutes until bright green and crisp- tender.
- Season with the salt and pepper, toss with the mint, and serve hot.
Brooklyn Greenmarkets served by Corner Media publications:
Fort Greene Park on Saturdays
Grand Army Plaza on Saturdays
Bartel-Pritchard Square on Wednesdays & Sundays
Parkside on Sundays
Cortelyou Road on Sundays
Boro Park on Thursdays – Opening July 7th
Sunset Park on Sundays – Opening July 9th
Bensonhurst on Sundays
Follow Brooklyn Mama’s Kitchen on: