Business Insider just came out with a “definitive” list of best bagel shops in New York City, based on which ones are getting the most praise on the Foursquare app, but disappointingly, the only southwestern Brooklyn store to make the ranking was Bagel Boy (8002 3rd Avenue) in Bay Ridge.
While we do love our Bagel Boy, the problem with this highly unscientific study is that it favors bagelries in tourist traps like Park Slope, as well as Kew Gardens, Queens — which, admittedly, does know how to make a good bagel. However, Foursquarers have apparently failed to venture very far south into Bensonhurst, which we know is home to some of the doughiest, fluffiest, and most decadent hole-y breads in the borough.
So, in the interest of fairness, we are conducting comprehensive survey on the numerous high-quality bagel shops in Bensonhurst, Gravesend and Dyker Heights. Whether you prefer Wild Bagels, with its myriad of novelty cream cheese flavors, the rainbow-swirled breads at Dyker Park Bagels, or you lean towards the classic egg-potato-and-cheese sandwiches at Bagels Plus, everyone has a bagel opinion in this neighborhood.
- Bagel enthusiasts can cast up to three votes.
- Contest ends Friday, July 29 at 12pm.
Cast your vote and let the world know why Bensonhurst bagels are work trekking out for. We counted 15 bagel shops in our area, but if we left any off the list, let us know in the comments, and we will make sure to add it.
Who Makes The Best Bagel In Bensonhurst/Gravesend/Dyker Heights?
- Tasty Bagels, 1705 86th Street (47%, 273 Votes)
- Dyker Park Bagels, 713 86th Street (23%, 132 Votes)
- Wild Bagels, 1901 Stillwell Ave (10%, 60 Votes)
- Bagels Plus, 7501 New Utrecht Ave (8%, 48 Votes)
- Bagel Bazaar, 2208 86th Street (7%, 43 Votes)
- Park Bagels, 1410 86th Street (6%, 35 Votes)
- 13th Avenue Bagels, 7501 13th Avenue (5%, 31 Votes)
- John and Dave Bagels, 6201 18th Avenue (3%, 19 Votes)
- Dale Bagels, 7803 15th Avenue (3%, 16 Votes)
- Fort Hamilton Bagels, 7002 Fort Hamilton Parkway (3%, 15 Votes)
- Bay Bagels, 6302 Bay Parkway (2%, 11 Votes)
- Bagels on Kings, 230 Kings Highway (2%, 10 Votes)
- Bagel Town, 2002 Bay Ridge Parkway (2%, 9 Votes)
- Bagel Chief, 2169 Bath Avenue (1%, 8 Votes)
- New Millenium Bagels, 6424 20th Avenue (1%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 584