On Tuesday, June 26, voters will hit the polls to vote in federal legislative primaries, choosing Democratic or Republican candidates for Senate (Republican only) and Congress. This year’s elections, however, are complicated by redistricting, which changed the borders of the existing district and left many residents with incumbents they may be unfamiliar with.
We’ve put together this pre-primary primer to help you understand the geographic and demographic changes within the district, as well as background information on incumbents, their primary challengers (if any), and challengers in November’s general elections.
Here’s a quick rundown on how to use this guide before Tuesday’s primary:
- Visit the New York City Board of Elections poll finder and enter your address. This will tell you what congressional district you’re in, where your poll site is, and provide sample ballots for the general election so you know who is running.
- Return back to this page.
- Use the following links to find the district profile we’ve put together, with bios and background on each of the candidates. Note that we’ve split up the district profiles between Sheepshead Bites and Bensonhurst Bean, and the links below will direct you to the appropriate site.
- District 7 (Bensonhurst Bean)
- District 8 (Sheepshead Bites)
- District 9 (Sheepshead Bites)
- District 10 (Bensonhurst Bean)
- District 11 (Bensonhurst Bean)