Quinto and Villarini in the back of a police car. (Source: TOT Consulting)
Police last Wednesday arrested 77-year-old Carlos Quinto, the owner of a Boro Park Barber Shop (41st Street and 13th Avenue), and his employee Javier Villarini, 32, for the alleged sexual assault of a Hasidic teenager.
According to investigators, the men are believed to have enticed a 16-year-old boy into the barbershop in September with promises of allowing him to watch pornography on Villarini’s cell phone. Then the two men took turns touching the teen, reports ABC News.
Both were arraigned. Quinto was released with no bail set, while Villarini has bail set at $5,000 over $,2500.
A private investigation firm called T.O.T Consulting Services claimed to have worked with the Brooklyn District Attorney and the NYPD’s Sex Crime Unit leading up the arrests. The firm says on its website that the allegations came to light when they received a tip from the teenager’s parents. The parents were at first unwilling to come forward with the allegations, but were eventually persuaded.
Detectives believe there may have been other victims, and are asking the Jewish community for any information related to the investigation. Those with information can call NYPD Detective Sarah Mathers at (718) 230-4417.
Police in Bay Ridge are looking for a man wanted for sexually assaulting a victim and then trying to rape her.
The man wanted is described as a black male, approximately 25-years-old, 5’7 inches and weighing 200 pounds. He is described to have a medium-dark complexion and a long goatee. He was seen wearing a black hoodie.
The alleged rape occurred on Saturday, November 3 at 3 a.m.
According to the Brooklyn Spectator, the assault happened “within the confines of the 68th Precinct.”
Anyone with information regarding the suspect or incident should notify Detective Velazco at the Brooklyn Special Victims Squad at 718-230-4421.
Last week, police questioned and arrested the man they believe sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl at the Fort Hamilton subway station last month.
Mario Escudero-Flores, 29, has been charged with sexual misconduct, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child, according to All Media NY.
The attack happened at the Fort Hamilton Parkway stop on the N train at 62nd Street. Escudero-Flores groped a teenage girl from behind and then left the scene of the crime. However, his image was caught by MTA security cameras.
A tipsters called the police and led them to Ecudero-Flores after seeing the surveillance photos.
Police are looking for a man suspected of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl at the Fort Hamilton Parkway N train station. They’re reaching out to local residents to help find the suspect.
The suspect, aged 20 to 25, assaulted the teenage girl on May 31 at 5 p.m.
Police said he has a mohawk hairstyle, and at the time of the assault he was wearing a black T-shirt with white and grey lettering, white striped shorts and black sneakers, according to CBS Local.
Anyone with information regarding the identity and whereabouts of the suspect is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
Yesterday the NYPD released a sketch of a man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman in Coney Island.
The victim was walking near the intersection of Neptune Avenue and West 30th Street on March 27, at around 9:20 p.m. when she was allegedly attacked, reports DNAinfo.
The unidentified victim was taken to a nearby hospital, presumably Coney Island Hospital.
The suspect is described by police as being between 25 and 32 years old, and between 5-feet-9-inches and 6 feet tall with a medium build. According to the sketch shown above, the suspect appears to be black with a medium complexion.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-577-TIPS, logging on to NYPDCrimeStoppers, or texting their tips to 274637, then enter TIP577.
The Huffington Post reported earlier today that a suspect arrested for a pair of sexual assaults this weekend in Sunset Park might be connected to a string of rapes and gropings in central and southwestern Brooklyn that began earlier this year.
Federico Chamorro Yax – who lives in Bensonhurst – was arrested in his apartment on Sunday night. Police believe he may also be responsible for a September 4, attack on a 30-year-old woman near his home.
During the September sexual assault a man forced his hand up the woman’s skirt.
Yax reportedly attacked two 22-year-old women in Sunset Park on Sunday. The victims fought back and managed to injure their attacker. Hours after the episode, police found Yax at home still bleeding from the fight.
Police have been searching for suspects connected to a series of sexual assaults being reported in Brooklyn, specifically Park Slope, Sunset Park, and other nearby neighborhoods. As of September 23, ten attacks had been reported since March and have contributed to a rise in subway crime.
Police say that it is still unknown however, whether or not Yax can be connected to the Park Slope attacks, which have generated a wave of community action to fight against sexual predators including a 300 person rally and volunteer escort services to protect women walking home from subway stations.
The above video, posted online by ABC 7, shows images of Yax in custody.