Here’s our roundup of some of the crime reports that happened in and around Bensonhurst in the last two weeks, courtesy of the NYPD’s 62nd Precinct.
- A daring thief broke in through back window of a home while the residents were still awake watching TV and their daughter was asleep in her room, say NYPD sources. The robber entered through an already broken window at 11:30pm on February 19. According to cops, the perp the stole $100 dollars before fleeing.
- Foot Locker was hit by six men, who stole several Nike Tech pants and windbreakers before fleeing, according to police. The perps attacked on February 18 and fled down 86th Street making a right on 21st Avenue. Evidence was collected from a jacket left behind by one of the perps. This is not the first time Footlocker has had to deal with crime. In 2014, a man was arrested for spying on his fellow female employees in the bathroom.
- A 47-year-old woman had a scary experience this week, when she turned to see a man attempting to enter the apartment through her window in broad daylight on February 22, according to police. She yelled and it startled the perp who fled down the street. The 15-year-old white male was then arrested and found to have a machete in his bag.
- On February 22, five masked thugs pulled a gun on a 36-year-old man and robbed him of $220 while he was walking home, cops say. The perps then fled down 72nd Street towards 14th Avenue. The robbers were captured on camera and the police are following up on the case.
- A woman who fell asleep on a bus heading down 86th Street on February 15 found that her wallet was missing when she woke up, according to a police report. She was notified by the bank that there were two unauthorized transactions on her debit card totaling $170.